Yummy gummies for a healthy tummy and healthy immunity to fight the winter bugs!
These gummies are great for getting vitamin c and Gelatin into your little ones tummies. They love the texture of the gummy and you can also make a jelly (half the amount of Gelatin below). These Jellies don’t contain any sugar, but if you wanted to sweeten you could had a little honey but I didn’t feel the need. I have made two versions one is Orange and the other is coloured with Acai berry powder (a powerhouse superfood).
About the ingredients and why they are good for you and your kids
- Gelatin is great for Gut Health, Bone Health, Joint Health, Skin & Hair Health. It is something we and our kids should consume daily.
- Vitamin C enhances the immune system of our body, which protects us from colds and coughs. It can also speed up the process of healing wounds and the common cold.
- Acai Berry contains high levels of vitamin E and essential fatty acids to support smooth healthy skin.
* It is important that you use the right type of gelatin here not just your general store bought one for making jelly. I recommend using gelatin made from pasture raised animals. There are two companies I know of that make gelatin from grass-fed cows, Great Lakes and Vital Proteins.
As with the brand of vitamin C I love Clinicians range.
3 tablespoons Clinicians Super Family C 2000 Powder
2 tablespoons Great Lakes Gelatin (Orange bottle)
1tsp Acai Berry powder
- Boil the jug and poor 400ml of hot water into a glass pouring jug.
- Add the Gelatin and Vitamin C powder stir until all the gelatin has dissolved.
- Pour half the liquid into another jug.
- Add acai berry powder to one of the jugs.
- Pour into silicone moulds and refrigerate until set. (about 2 hours).