Using left overs is a massive thing for me. I hate wasting food. This recipe I used leftover cooked chicken from the night before as well as left over baked cauliflower. All I had to do was basically create the curry sauce to go with. 20 minutes from pan to plate.
6x Cardamom pods
1 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
½ tsp Turmeric + ½ tsp ground Black Pepper (Pepper helps activate the Turmeric.)
½ tsp Cumin powder
½ tsp Coriander powder
¼ tsp Cinnamon powder
¼ tsp Smoked Paprika (or plain Paprika is fine)
½ tsp fresh Ginger (grated or crushed)
½ Red Chilli (or adjust to heat level, the kids ate this so ½ was enough for them)
2x Garlic cloves (crushed or chopped finely)
1 Red onion thinly sliced
400g cooked chicken (approx.)
1 medium Rip Mango (cut into cubes) or use frozen mango about 1 cup
½ cup Water
Salt and Pepper to season
- Heat wok on medium heat and add the coconut oil let it melt and come to heat.
- Add all the dry spices (1st 7 on the list)
- Fry until the spices become fragrant and the cardamom pods start to split
- Add in the fresh Ginger, Chilli and Onion fry until fully coated in spice mix and onion has softened. (Be careful not to burn the onion or garlic)
- Add in the cooked chicken and mix until fully coated
- Add in coconut cream, ½ cup of water and Mango pieces, Salt and Pepper.
- Allow sauce to simmer on med-low heat for about 20 minutes, you want the sauce to reduce to a nice thick constancy and the mango to soften.
- Turn the heat off. Allow it to sit for 5 Minutes before serving. If you want to up your greens add in some spinach leaves and allow it to wilt while it is sitting.
To keep it Paleo serve with cauliflower rice, or baked Cauliflower and Broccoli go well.