Ditch the store bought, sugar laden cereals that just leave you feeling hungrier and never satisfy! Try this homemade nut free, LCHF cereal that is full of good wholefoods, seeds and fats. This is sure to keep you going longer.
Cal: 375 Fat: 39g; Pro: 12g; Carbs: 8.4g
- ¼ Red kumara (grated)
- ½ Courgette ( grated
- 2 teaspoon Oil, coconut
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Pumpkin Seeds
- ¼ cup Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tsp Black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoon Cacao nibs
- 24 grams (2 scoops) Bulletproof Unflavoured Collagen Protein (or any good quality Hydrolyzed collagen)
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbs of Coconut yoghurt or Natural yoghurt (per person)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave or on the stove top.
- Add all the ingredients (apart from coconut yoghurt) into a bowl and mix well
- Add to lined baking tray and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes
- Turn and bake a further 5 mins or until crunchy and brown
- Allow to cool and serve topped with coconut yoghurt.
- Note the cereal will be crunchy and will stick together due to the addition of the collagen protein, it could also be a perfect on the go snack bites!
This recipe was inspired by a recent post I saw from Mikki Williden nutritionist I like how she used the Courgette and Carrot in a cereal. I swapped the Carrot for Kumara as I was gifted a whole bunch so decided I may as well use what I have up. I might try Parsnip next time! https://mikkiwilliden.com/recipes/coconut-flake-cereal you should check this out too looks delicious.