You will need:
- 1 box of HGG Vanilla or Ginger Paleo Baking Mix 500g
- Mixed fruit OR make your own 235g Sultanas 80g Cherries (glaced or natural) 75g citrus peel (either buy candied or make your own) 55g raisins 55g currants
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or Pure Coco coconut nectar
- 125g butter or oil 400g
- Tin of crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 tsp mixed spice (if using ginger mix use 1/4 tsp cloves and 1/4 tsp nutmeg instead)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Add the mixed fruit, butter/oil, pineapple, sugar, mixed spice and baking soda to a large saucepan. Stir occasionally as it comes to the boil then turn down to a gently boil for 5 min.
- Leave to cool. I tend to put the mix on in the morning then bake it at night. Your house will smell amazing all day.
- Once cool, preheat oven to 150C. Add the eggs and mix well. Then add the baking mix and the baking powder and mix well.
- Double line a tin with baking paper, both bottom and sides. Pour the thick mix in and bake in the oven for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. Should be the colour in the picture.
- Once out of the oven, wrap the whole thing up in a towel and leave till the morning. (I don’t know why we do this but this is how much mother taught me so this is what we are doing)
You will notice there is no alcohol in this one. I leave this to your discretion.
Want to try this recipe find the Mix here
Recipe provided by Hunter Gatherer Gourmet.