This meal is Paleo Friendly, Gluten Free and Dairy free. It is reasonably low carb even though it has pumpkin it is minimal. Turmeric is a great anti-inflammatory spice (there pretty much isn’t a meal where I don’t use it). And Ginger gives it a kick plus helps aid digestion.
*Feel free to add more veg to the soup (kumara, Carrots, Spinach).
Below is is just what I had on hand and it worked really well.
Prep (10mins) , Cook time (6 hours)
- 6-8 organic or free range chicken thighs
- 1 red onion diced
- ¼ pumpkin skin removed and diced
- 2x garlic cloves diced
- 2 thumb nail sized ginger (add more or less depending on your preference)
- 300ml Homemade chicken broth or if you want to buy I recommend (Best bones organic chicken broth)
- 1tbs Turmeric Powder (of course when don’t I use the stuff)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bacon pieces (optional)
- 1x Crockpot
- Place all ingredients into crockpot mix around to make sure all the stock and spices are combined. Switch to low and allow to cook up to 6 hours or more (if you are leaving this on all day while at work then up to 10 hours is actually fine.) Just make sure there is enough liquid so maybe increase it to 400ml.
- Once ready to eat, carefully remove the chicken and bacon pieces. Remove ginger pieces and discard.
- Blend liquid and veg with hand stick until smooth.
- Slightly shred chicken and add back into soup. Stir.
- Serve with some paleo bread or toasted Cauliflower or Kumara slices. Top with some coconut cream and parsley or coriander.
Easy, Simple, Delicious.
Paleo, Gluten and Dairy Free.