Are you sporting an injury or been sick with a nasty bug lately?
I have recently returned from an excellent Snow Boarding trip in Queenstown, unfortunately on day 4 (out of 5) I twisted and injured my knee, so here I am in the kitchen making broths dosing my body up with all the goodness.
Our bodies become inflamed when our immune system is triggered. If you suffer trauma to the body like a knee injury, our immune system jumps into action. It does this by sending out white blood cells to help repair the damage. Your knee will swell, be hot to the touch, appear redness, and feel tender; this is an indication that your immune system is working so the healing process can start.
By consuming foods listed below these can help reduce the inflammation.
These are the key ingredients in this broth :
- Turmeric (Curcumin)
- Black Pepper
- Broth (healthy gut)
- 2 cups of homemade Chicken broth (or use 1tablespoon of Nutra Organics Chicken Bone Broth to 2 cups water)
- 1tsp good quality Turmeric
- 1tbs Ginger grated
- Lots of Salt and Black pepper to taste
- Greens of your choice ( i used broccoli and bok choy)
- One cooked chicken breast ( i coated mine in olive oil, turmeric, salt and pepper and just baked on 180 for 25 mins)
1. Add broth to pan and heat on medium until simmering
2. Add in the chopped chicken breast, along with Turmeric, Ginger, Salt and Pepper. Simmer low for five mins
3. Add chopped greens and simmer until cooked how you like
Not only is this good for you it tastes bloody great too. It is an excellent immunity boosting broth and has heaps of other benefits. Its so easy to make you could have it daily if you like, mix it up with different veg and meat and your good to go or ''Crack on ''as my good mate Louise would say. :)